Spigot continues to flow while shower's on

Old 05-09-07, 08:27 PM
D
dek
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Spigot continues to flow while shower's on

I replaced the shower diverter stem and seat on our 3 handle bathtub shower this week. But water is still flowing from the spigot while the shower is on. I pulled it all back apart to make sure everything was right, and properly cleaned out to my satisfaction. I put it all back and still no difference. What else? The same setup is in our masterbath and no water comes from the spigot while the shower is on.

Thanks

Old 05-10-07, 12:57 AM
C
CSG
How old is the valve? It could be th einner body of the valve itself is worn..which would require an entirely new valve. I'm not suggesting changing yet..just saying that could be a possibility.

Old 05-10-07, 04:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Sometimes you can resurface the seat of the body and get a good seal. I would try that before replacing it. You will need to buy a seat resurfacing tool, but it would be cheaper and easier than replacing the entire body. You may, still, have to replace it, but try that first. Look at the washer on your stem. Is it showing any scarring yet? If so, the seat is probably scarred and needs smoothing.

Old 05-12-07, 08:23 PM
D
dek
It's a new stem and a new seat. I guess the valve is worn. I've gotten it to the point that it's not running too awfully bad....I'm just going to leave it like that. The shower pressure is fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: