Toilet too close to wall

Old 05-16-07, 10:29 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet too close to wall

Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like to install ceramic tile on the walls behind the toilet. The only problem is our toilet is right up against the wall. We are not sure what to do. We are willing to purchase a new toilet and thought that would make more sense than tearing up the floor. What can we do to get the needed room between the toilet and the wall? Thanks

Old 05-16-07, 04:44 PM
C
CSG
A standard toilet is a 12" rough. Meaning if you measure the center of the flange from the wall it should be roughly 12".

They also make a 10" rough. So if your flange is too close to the wall...you can still make a toilet fit. The 10" rough is same bowl just a thinner tank. This is probably what your looking for..assuming you don't already havea 10" rough toilet.

Just measure the flange currently. If it is 11"+ off the wall..the 10" is what you will want to solve your current issue.

If you have a 10" currently, then you'll need to change the flange on the floor to an offset flange which will move the toilet another 1.5" away from the wall.

Old 05-19-07, 06:13 AM
B
toilet too close to wall

Where exactly do I measure. I was told by someone to measure from the wall to the bolts in the toilet is that correct. If that is so it measures about 11 or 11 1/2. If that is so I need to get a toilet with a 10" rough in and that will give me the needed space for tile behind it? Thanks for your help!

Old 05-19-07, 06:44 AM
B
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like to install ceramic tile on the walls behind the toilet. The only problem is our toilet is right up against the wall. We are not sure what to do. We are willing to purchase a new toilet and thought that would make more sense than tearing up the floor. What can we do to get the needed room between the toilet and the wall? Thanks

Old 05-19-07, 10:51 AM
C
CSG
yes, get a 10" rough toilet. That will work perfect for you in the current situation as long as your not installing 1" plus thick tile. And yes, you measured correct, the bolts is also the center of the flange i was describing above. So if your 11" off the wall no you can use a 10" rough and that will put the new toilet 1" off the current wall leaving you an 1" for tile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: