Shower Faucet problem

Old 06-30-07, 10:01 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower Faucet problem

Hi. I just moved into a new place and have a problem with the shower faucet. It is a single handle faucet that has the off position around 5 o'clock, and to turn it on the shower, you rotate the handle counter clockwise. As your turn, it goes from off->cold->hot.

I believe that the cold and hot water piping is reversed in the faucet because the water is hot in the 'C' position, and cold in the 'H' position. That's not normally a big deal, but I can't get a good hot shower because as I turn the handle more towards the 'off' position, the valve faucet begins to shut off and I begin losing water pressure. I hope I'm making sense in my description.

Is this a simple fix of just removing the faucet face and reversing the connections? Or is this a more complicated task?

Old 07-04-07, 01:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You didn't state the make of shower control, but you may can just invert the cartridge to correct your problem. Turn the water off to the house and remove the handle, cover and get down to the actual cartridge, pull it out and rotate it 180 degrees, reinstall and try it out. Let us know how it goes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: