Faucet question

Old 07-01-07, 06:35 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Faucet question

I have a garden tub with a Delta faucet on the rim of the tub. The faucets are VERY easy to turn on. If my cat walks along the rim and brushes the faucet with her tail it starts to trickle. If she rubs her body it comes on full blast. I know someone will suggest keeping the cat out of the bathroom, but I know this faucet is way too loose and I would like to tighten it - but I can't figure out how. There is a hex wrench hole but all that does is allow me to take the faucet handle off. HELP!!!

Old 07-01-07, 11:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Not sure of the model you have, but once you take the handle off, see if you can tighten the mechanism under it. If there is a collar nut, tighten it slightly. If there is a nylon nut, you will need a delta tool to span around it and tighten it. Let us know if you have any success with this, or if we need to go further.

Old 07-01-07, 01:44 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chandler is right and is your answer for sure. That nylon nut is not pushing the control ball that the stem is attached to, tight enough against the rubber cups and springs, and that causes the pivot ball to be loose, and when the ball is loose the weight of the handle makes it so easy for the handle to move.

Old 07-01-07, 04:42 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hi, Do you have a single handle or a double handle faucet?
Woodbutcher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: