tried to replace faucet

Old 07-02-07, 12:59 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tried to replace faucet

I was attempting to change my faucet when the pvc pipe cracked. I have now replaced the parts behind the wall and need some help from this point. Currently, the pvc pipe is through the wall where the faucet goes with no threads. The faucet that I purched has an adapter that is threaded. I need to know how to connect the non-threaded pvc pipe to the threaded adapter. What part would I need and how do I do this?
Thanks!

Last edited by newhomegirl; 07-02-07 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-02-07, 04:27 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It sounds like you either need a male or female threaded adapter glued onto the end of your pvc pipe. Correctly the terminolgy is 'solvent welding' as it is not really glue, per se. It literally melts the parts together when done right.

But you really should have been a little more specific as to what you are working on - depths/distances involved - if you can get to what you need to get to by yourself and tighten the faucet to the pipe/fitting - what faucet this is (kitchen?, spigot outside?, etc.?)

Old 07-02-07, 06:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
And hopefully it isn't pvc, but cpvc. PVC isn't used for hot water delivery. Make sure you get the right fitting and the right solvent.

Old 07-03-07, 07:14 AM
N
Red face more information about my problem

this is my bathtub faucet that I am replacing. It is CPVC pipe. I can get to everything from inside the tub since I am at the point of connecting the cpvc to the spout but ran into the problem of the cpvc not being threaded and the spout adapter being threaded.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: