Toilet issue!!

Old 07-05-07, 05:43 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Toilet issue!!

Hello everyone,

I have got a question about my toilet. First off the stuff that was in the tank of the toilet before is something I have never seen before, it was a big plastic enclosed case (you could not see anything inside of it), it flushed by pushing this spring loaded thing on the front. Well the metal lever that went from the handle to this "button" broke, and then the spring itself broke. So we decided to just replace the plastic thing with normal innards. The toilet itself is a Crane toilet, and since the "fill line" is marked on the inside of the tank I assumed that it would work okay.

Well we replaced the insides (following the directions), and now the stupid thing will not flush. When we depress the handle air bubbles up in the tank and in the bowl, but nothing goes down. We did pour water into the toilet bowl and it slowly drained to normal level.

My dad thinks I need to replace the entire toilet because he thinks that there is something in the toilet that worked with that weird plastic enclosed thing.

Can anyone tell me what that plastic enclosed thing was, and if there is anything that could be in the toilet itself because of it? Also why would air bubbles be coming in the tank and the bowl when we flush?

Thank You !!

Old 07-05-07, 07:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
What you "had" was a pressure flush tank. The incoming water pressurized the big plastic thingy, so when you flushed it, the water would, under pressure, flush the bowl. Now you have a non working mutation.
Replacing the toilet may not be a bad idea. Just look for one of the 17 1/2" tall bowls and a larger waterway. Kohler, Crane, etc. all sell good "regular" toilets.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: