Diverter Just Stopped Working

Old 07-10-07, 09:21 PM
Q
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Diverter Just Stopped Working

The diverter on my tub just stopped working. Water runs from the faucet fine. When the diverter is engaged, the water stops running from the faucet as it should, but the water never makes it out of the shower head. Acts like something is blocking its passage up to the shower head. It was working fine and then 5mins later, it started acting like this. Any suggestions? I just replaced the stems a couple months ago. Thanks.

Old 07-10-07, 10:09 PM
J
My sympathies

Wow, must be a bad week for diverters. Mine stopped as well although I get water out of the shower. Problem is I can't get the diverter to engage and therefore I get water out of the shower AND faucet. I posted here seceral days ago and have yet to find anyr real help. Let me know if you find anything.

Old 07-11-07, 06:40 AM
Q
Fixed

The screw that holds the plastic washer on the back of the diverter had come unscrewed. Those two pieces were blocking the water passage way up to the shower head. Easy fix.

Old 07-12-07, 08:45 PM
J
Fixed, part 2

Funny, I took a closer look at mine this morning. The nylon washer had come off. What I thought was part of the pipe fixture was part of the diverter. Removed the old washer from the pipe, inserted the new diverter, problem solved.

Old 07-13-07, 04:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Just like the "help" said to do, huh?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: