Trouble removing old Delta kitchen faucet

Old 07-15-07, 02:07 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trouble removing old Delta kitchen faucet

I'm trying to remove an old Delta single-handle pull-out kitchen faucet. I've disconnected the lines, removed the mounting nuts, and removed the sprayer hose - no problems with any of that. However, I still can't pull out the faucet. I think the problem is that there's still some sort of bracket underneath the sink attached to the sprayer hose connector. It's hard to describe since I have no idea what it is, so here are some pictures:

View from above:

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/drdoom61614/?action=view&current=P7150012.jpg

View from below:

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/drdoom61614/?action=view&current=P7150015.jpg

You can see there's a C-shaped bracket attached to the hose connector underneath the sink. Has anyone seen anything like that before? How do I get that off? I haven't been able to get it to budge or twist at all, and I can't slip a putty knife beneath it. Do I have to unscrew it? It doesn't look like there's room for it to turn (you can see in the picture, it's right up against the wall), so if I have to unscrew it, do I have to take out the entire kitchen sink?

I'd read and heard that faucet replacement was supposed to be an easy job, so I'm pretty frustrated right now. If the kitchen sink has to come out, I likely won't be able to finish this for a week or two due to a trip I'm leaving for on Wednesday, meaning the rest of my family won't have a kitchen sink for awhile. Not good, since my dishwasher has died and there'd thus be no good way to wash dishes.

Old 07-15-07, 06:18 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, I finally got it. There was a thin nut beneath the bracket, holding it up, and I missed that at first. The basin wrench wasn't working well to remove that, due to the lack of space for the head of the wrench, so I bought a 6" pair of needle-nose pliers and that did the trick.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: