Single Moen Shower Faucet

Old 07-16-07, 07:37 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Single Moen Shower Faucet

My problem is a little different from everyone at this time. I have had this faucet hooked up in my bath for nine years now and never used it. No water has ever gone thru it, nor have I even hooked the handle to it in that time. What is wrong is, I finally got my bath remodel together after nine years and I turned the water on to this faucet and NOTHING happens. I pulled the stem out and I get water, I put the stem back in NO WATER. Purchased a new stem, still the same thing. My plumbing seems to be fine, any thoughts.............

Old 07-17-07, 04:16 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hi, Is it possible that the blockage is between the valve and tub spout or shower head?
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 07-17-07, 04:28 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Confirm what Wood suggests and leave out the new cartridge (after you obviously turn off the house water first), and then blow in the hole to feel if air comes out the shower head or tub spout. And I'd advise to eliminate other foolers, to unscrew the shower head off the shower arm if you already have not done so, when conducting your previous testing.

Old 07-17-07, 08:38 PM
R
Lightbulb

I took the cartridge out, turned the water on a little and I have a flow to the diverter. Turned water off, unscrew plug that would go to tub(only shower hooked up) and pushed a metal rod up into hole and into copper pipe going to shower head. Got some gunk back, replugged tub side, put cartridge back and turned water on. Still no major flow of water, what I have now is a steady drip, drip, drip. Is there a rooter that will go into pipe from top shower end or is it time for a plumbing pro ??? Any ideas on price to do this job...Thanks for your help, it was a very good idea.

Old 07-18-07, 07:36 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In your first post you say you get water to come out if the stem is out. I presume you mean if the cartridge is removed. Is it lots of good water volume, with pressure behind it?

And NOW we know from your last post that it won't come off the plugged off tub spout exit.

But you never said you tried to remove the shower head and blow between the shower 'arm' pipe and the open mixer valve with the cartridge removed with your house water turned off.

I can't believe that too would be plugged. I've never run into such a thing, even in old houses - REAL old houses. At the moment I am leaning to the cartridge being the issue, but let's see what you tel me regarding my 3rd paragraph.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: