clawfoot tub/shower faucet problem

Old 07-24-07, 06:46 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
clawfoot tub/shower faucet problem

We had an old clawfoot tub with no shower. About two years ago my husbands brother installed a shower that gets hooked up to the tub. It has worked fine all this time but in the last month or so when you pull up on the knob on the tub faucet to make the water come out the shower head only a little water comes out the shower head and the rest comes out the tub faucet, making for a very weak shower, not to mention the tub filling up with water pretty quickly. The knob seems loose and I have reached up into the faucet, but I have no idea what I am supposed to be feeling. I just feel a plastic thing that moves up and down inside the faucet, but won't stay up. Any help would be appreciated, and I am hoping I can fix it myself.

Old 07-24-07, 03:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Can you post a picture of your control valve setup on a site such as photobucket.com and give us the url? With so many styles and brands, it will help us to know what we are looking at.

Old 07-24-07, 04:51 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you a have the diverter spout with the handheld shower attachment. Get a new one. There is this like gate that raises and lowers with the pull knob and obviously yours is not doing it's job anymore.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: