Shower Faucet Squeal

Old 08-05-07, 01:45 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Shower Faucet Squeal

I have a duplex with 2 units side-by-side. Both units have an upstairs. In one unit the upstairs tub/shower has a squealing noise from the faucet when you pull the faucet plunger up to turn on the shower. This does not exist in the other unit and I have replace the faucet nozzle (thinking if the noise was coming from there, that must be the problem). I am at my wits end and my tenant is going insane from the high pitched squealing everytime she showers. Are there any suggestions?

Old 08-05-07, 04:32 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have posted this before:

I had to fix one recently with a deafing whistle. It was caused by the shower head. I am a little mixed up now because I did the ol switcharoo with two shower heads in the house. One was identical looking to the other but one was plastic and the other metal. By switching, this alone helped SOME. But then I fixed it the whole way by changing the water saver characteristic in the shower head. Either I made the hole smaller or larger. I may have added a typical kithen faucet aerator's plastic disc inside it or one of those other water savers that are made of rubber and have like 5 holes drilled through the thick rubber.

Take off your shower head and tell me what it is made of and what you see for a restrictor inside the shower head, down below where the 1/2 inch pipe threads are, and maybe we can go from there. I almost feel like going over to the rental I did that work at and tell the guy I have to take off his shower head to look at something. If I have it in my work diary or invoice, I'll post it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: