Yet another shower diverter problem!!!

Old 08-16-07, 06:55 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yet another shower diverter problem!!!

I have a leaky shower diverter. It has water coming out of it around the back of the fixture. I havepulled one of these on another faucet and replaced an o-ring and that repaired the problem, but I did this several years ago and I can't remember how I got the insert out to get to the o-ring. Can anyone tell me where to go on the internet to see a diagram or can anyone walk me through the removal? I would appreciate the help very much.

Old 08-17-07, 05:56 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What do you mean by 'coming out around the back of the fixture'? By "fixture" do you mean the spout? It sounds to me like you have what they call a "slip fit" spout: A spout that slides over a 1/2 inch copper pipe sticking out the wall. These are held onto the pipe, up against the shower wall, by an 'allen set screw' from the bottom, near the rear. You can actually see it if you hold a mirror under it. Once you loosen the set screw and slide it off, then you can get to what you want.

Old 08-20-07, 10:50 AM
S
Figured Out the Problem

I figured out what the problem was. There was part the control still attached to the stem of the diverter. Once I removed it I could get a socket on the nut holding the diverter cartridge in place. I replaced the o-ring and the leak went away.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: