Kitchen sink faucet low flow after water cutoff

Old 08-22-07, 07:46 AM
billybish
Visiting Guest
Question Kitchen sink faucet low flow after water cutoff

I am working on a bathroom remodling project upstairs and I had to turn off the main water supply to relocate some plumbing. When I turned the water back on, I noticed that the water flow from the kitchen faucet downstairs was significantly diminished, and when shutting off the faucet the flow trickles to a stop rather than cutting off immediately like it used to. The kitchen faucet is less than a year old, a nice Kohler model I believe. Any ideas what might be causing it? I also occasionally hear a moan from the pipes when running the water that goes away when the water is cut off (not from the kitchen sink, but other sinks and a toilet). I know that is probably air caught in the pipes and I plan to try and flush it out this weekend, but do you think it would have any relation to the sink faucet flow problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-07, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
it's very likely that the aerator is clogged on your kitchen faucet. unscrew the screen that's on the end of the faucet and clean it out, that should fix it.

Old 08-24-07, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
billybish

Anytime you shut off your water system you should remove all aerators when you turn it back on and bleed all air or debris out. p-nor is probably right, you have dirt in your system. Luck.