Replace Bathroom Faucet

Old 08-24-07, 03:12 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace Bathroom Faucet

I need to replace a lavatory faucet and want to use the flex connectors as replacements for the copper tubing. The current connection is about 5in of copper from the base of the faucet to the pipe nipples. Is there any rule of thumb for how long my flex connectors should be? Seems to me the smallest I can find are 12in but maybe I should be looping these and in that case, how big to buy if they have to cover 5-6in of vertical travel?

Old 08-24-07, 06:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Try one out at the store to see how much comfortable flex you get and still have 5 or 6" left over. 12" may be too short to make a comfortable loop.

Old 08-24-07, 07:38 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re:Replace Bathroom Faucet

Thanks. I'm testing the 18" vs. the 20". Not sure if any of the pros had an algorithm out there when they needed to bridge 5" or 6".

Old 08-25-07, 03:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
We do, but I figured you didn't want to be bothered with math at this stage. Technically you take the diameter of the pipe, figure the safe diameter of the loop necessary to prevent kinking, add 1/2 the distance from the stop to the loop and the loop to the appliance, twice. No, really, I'm kidding. What you are doing is just fine as long as you make the loop unkinkable. Good luck with the project!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: