Agalite Swing Shower Door Installation

Old 08-26-07, 07:46 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Agalite Swing Shower Door Installation

I am about to install one of these shower doors in my basement shower stall and have a question that I don't see an answer to in the installation instructions. When installing what they refer to as the stall curb (the pc. that sits on top of the shower basin), do I need to fill the bottom recessed area of this channel completely with silicone sealant the entire length of it? I wouldn't think that I would not need to as it has two foam pcs. that I had to slide into the ends of the stall curb that then get pushed outward to seal against the walls. I know that when the installation is complete, I need to seal around all leak paths, but was just wondering if I should put sealant under the stall curb to start with. Anybody had any experience installing one of these Agalite doors?

Thanks

Old 08-26-07, 04:24 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
If you seal the leading edge after the install, filling the void under the curb would be useless.

If it is not in the instructions, do not worry about it unless your install presents some odd situation which requires further thought.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: