Toilet Escutcheon

Old 08-29-07, 12:32 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet Escutcheon

I think that's what they're called. My toilet supply comes up through the floor and the decorative pipe is covered by a conical decorative ring where it meets the floor. As the males outnumber females in our household, this chrome piece has quickly deteriorated and rusted. How and what do I replace this with? Do I need to somehow hacksaw off the old trim piece? I would hate to have to disconnect the plumbing just to change this piece.

Any ideas for a source of a replacement and wouldn't it have to be cut to fit again around the chrome source pipe?

Old 08-29-07, 02:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Aaah, like the sign over my grandmothers toilet, a message to the guys, "We aim to please, you aim too, please". The best way to remove it is to cut it with a dremel or similar tool with cutoff wheel. You may have to cut it on two sides to complete the removal. Replace it with one of the hinged plates. They open up and wrap around the pipe and click together to look good.

Old 08-29-07, 05:00 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re:Toilet Escutcheon

Thanks. Am I correct on the terminology? I'm looking for a source as the big boxes don't seem to have them.

Old 08-29-07, 05:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
I just bought 5-1/2" and 2-2 1/2" for a bath I just finished remodeling at the HD locally. It will be next to the supply tubing. If not, a plumbing house will have them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: