Broken Toilet tank

Old 09-05-07, 08:14 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Broken Toilet tank

Just trying to get some feedback from those in the know. I "broke" a toilet tank in a rental condo while on vacation last week. I am trying to see how easy it is to actually break the tank itself. I was sitting on the toilet and leaned back when the tank basically shattered behind me...could it be the bolts were tightened too much? I'm not a small girl, I'm under 200 lbs, but I hardly think that I could've been responsible for breaking it....how easy is it to actually break a whole tank? Thanks for your input...

Old 09-06-07, 05:32 PM
A
I've never seen a toilet tank break before. I've broken a toilet before when it sorta hit the floor too hard :/ but never by leaning on it. China is a fairly strong material, unless you hit it with something. Perhaps the tank already had a crack in it and you made it worse?

Old 09-06-07, 09:08 PM
P
i've seen them break spontaineously (sp?) when nobody is in the room. more than once! i've had customers break them by dropping rocks and bricks in them in an attempt to make them "water saver" toilets. my guess would be that it might not have been tightened enough, or it had a crack.

paul

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: