Where can I buy a shower door this size?

Old 09-21-07, 08:15 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy a shower door this size?

The opening for the shower door is 34" or maybe 34-1/4". I am having a tough time finding a shower door that'll fit that width with the following feature:

1) Not too expensive, $150-$170
2) Should be 6 feet tall (72").
3) Not see through, and have some king of fading or "not see through" glass.
4) Don't want a permenant bar at the top, since that can hit you on the head when exiting the door.
5) Pivot type door.

Anything like this exist?

I already checked depot and Lowes, they don't have much.

Old 09-21-07, 12:06 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
I'd check with a plumbing supply that has a bath shop and showroom. Frankly, with that price limitation I rather doubt that you will find anything.

Old 09-21-07, 04:24 PM
Old 09-22-07, 05:33 AM
S
I'd check with a plumbing supply that has a bath shop and showroom. Frankly, with that price limitation I rather doubt that you will find anything.
What is the cheapest one I could get with those features?

Yeah, I have looked at those before. None of them fit the opening:

http://www.keystonebath.com/Pivot.htm

Old 09-22-07, 06:42 AM
Although the width chart doesn't seem to match up, I blieve on of the keystones actually would work. If you are hung up on the fact that they are only 65" instead of 72, no problem. You just need to get out your wallet, because you are probably looking at custom, or semi-custom.

This is one of those cases where looking for advice on a forum is not fruitful, because even if someone here found that "abc" brand is just right, this is not an item which you are going to buy online. The only things available to you are whatever brand you local home center ,plumbing showroom, or specialty glass dealer offer. Keystone is a widely sold brand, as is Sterling. As far as I could tell, Sterlings have the top bar you don't want. In the Southwest, at least, Home Depots also feature Contractor's Wardrobe brand. Their website is under construction, so we are back to that.....schlep yourself into a store. The home stores, and probably a few specialty glass stores in your area, offer custom and semi-custom doors to your exact specs. A semi-custom framed door would probably be in the $350 range installed. Worth the money. Frameless glass, fancy finishes on the metal, etc can triple the cost.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: