Trying to clean my Jacuzzi tub...

Old 09-25-07, 05:12 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trying to clean my Jacuzzi tub...

I've tried everything that my manuel says and I've also tried the tips I've read on here. I still get some "brown stuff" that comes out when we turn on the jets. My ? is...isn't there a way to run some kind of cleaner "through" the entire piping system? I've tried the bleach and Cascade in the tub but as I've stated, no luck! It's kind of disgusting and there has to be a way to fix/clean problem...I hope! I would greatly appreciate some help on this matter. This is such a great site for things of this nature, as well as so much more. I would think that this should be somewhat of a "common" problem...I surely hope this is not just wishful thinking. Thankyou!!!

Old 09-25-07, 06:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
It seems as if the pump may have some rust in the impellers. It could have been due to non use for a period, and should subside after a time. Are you allowing the tub to ingest the cleaners through the intake screen? After you get it clean, it may be advisable to install a whole house filter system to prevent rusty water from entering in the first place.

Old 09-26-07, 04:22 AM
W

I shut off the air induction and added bleach (did the same with Cascade) and ran the jets for 15 minutes. In my manuel, it says to shut off the air induction completely but my controls only seem to turn it way down...I hope that's what the manuel means(t). It would seem to me, being a first time owner of a tub like this, that there would be a better way to get some cleanser to run through the entire system. I'm not real handy but can I take something apart to get a better cleaning? Oh, I also took off the intake screen and scrubbed everything that I could reach with a toothbrush. Please give me some more help as my wife, as well as myself, is completely disgusted by this and our excitement is quickly wearing off!!!

Old 09-26-07, 06:05 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
How much cascade are you using?
Remember this is a tub, not a dishwasher. It's going to take a LOT of detergent to do anything, as much as a cup depending on the size of the tub.

And yes, it may take more than once, if the tub had never been cleaned before.

Do NOT add bleach, bleach will destroy the rubber seals on the tub and dull the finish.

Old 09-26-07, 06:22 AM
W

Thanx for the "heads up" on the bleach...I won't be using that again! I use about 2/3 cup of Cascade. I only did it once so I'll try again right now. Any other ideas that can help me with my problem?

Old 09-26-07, 06:50 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Whirlpools are suppose to drain the lines when they are emptied with only a very small amount of water remaining in the pump itself.

Remove the cover and look at the lines, see if any are sagging excessively or appear to have come loose from a hanger, etc.

Also, do not use soaps, lotions, oils or anything else in the tub.
Sure, bubble baths are fun, but mold and mildew actually LIKE soap and the soap film left inside the piping will become a breading ground. So, plain, clean water only. It's not a bathtub for taking baths in...

After the dishwasher detergent, you'll need to run a fill or two of plain water to rinse it out. Dishwasher detergent contains enzymes specifically designed to break up organic matter, and it doesn't contain a sudsing agent like regular soap.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: