Add-on sink undercoating

Old 10-02-07, 09:18 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S.
Posts: 23
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Add-on sink undercoating

Got a cool restaurant sink for the kitchen, but it doesn't have the sound-deadening insulation that residential stainless sinks typically have. Someone recommended automobile rubberized undercoating spray, but I thought, "not intended for use indoors, it's gonna stink" (even after it dries). Also, might not be too effective. Thought of dynamat, but it costs $$$$$! Any hints?
Old 10-03-07, 05:47 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Buy tool box drawer liners and use either spray adhesive or 3M trim adhesive to attach several squares to the bottom and sides. You don't have to completely cover the bottom. All you are looking for is sound deadening, and these squares will absorb most of it. The spray undercoating is basically a tar product, but there are items such as trunk liner spray that hardens and has no lingering smell. May be good to use, too.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: