new tub/shower installation

Old 10-06-07, 07:13 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
new tub/shower installation

i'm installing a newshower divertor and have a question....the divertor comes with a plastic shroud that should be set flush with the finished wall...(1/2 cement bd 1/4 tile and mastic) my question is would it be better to be left in the wall a 1/8 or 1/16 just to be sure it is not out to far? Thanks

Old 10-07-07, 06:43 AM
M
It looks like no one liked your question. But I'll take a crack if nothing more than to get this thread started and you an answer.

As you said, the "plastic shroud" should be set flush with the finished wall... The trim kit (or Escutcheon plate) must ultimately sit flush, up against the tile. Look at the profile of the Escusion plate and the length of the screws that hold it on. Does it leave room for installer error ?

My advice is to follow the directions, and be as close as you can to having the "shroud" flush with the finished wall. My experience tells me that there is enough play both ways.

an 1/8" in or out shouldn't make a difference.

Good Luck

Old 10-07-07, 08:31 PM
On most brands, the thickness of that plastic piece represents the range where the finished wall must fall. But in any event, the valve should have come with specific instructions. You should refer to those.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: