basement toilet installation

Old 10-09-07, 12:27 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
basement toilet installation

I've been reading some on basement toilets and that they require a pump to flush waste water up. I'm wondering if I will even need that....The house is built on a slope, with a daylight basement. The pipes from the house toilet come down to the basement and then slope gently down thru a cement floor outside to the drain field. I want to put the basement toilet right next to these exposed pipes. If I can plumb right into the existing pipe running down from the house, the most I would have to "flush up" is 0-6". I say 0-6" because the basement toilet would be sitting only a few feet away form where the house pipe enters into the basement floor.....Is this situation more like a conventional toilet installation? Thanks for any comments.

Old 10-09-07, 03:59 PM
J
Up is up. Toilets work on gravity, and water does not run uphill without help. If the sewage pipes are not below the floor, you need a pump unit.

Old 10-10-07, 05:11 AM
F
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell I dont know much about plumping? LOL.......This may be a stupid question too, but what about placing the toilet on a platform? And would 6 '' be high enough for gravity to do its job?........if the answer is no, what would be a ball park figure for parts/labor installing pump and toilet?Thanks for your time/knowledge....Now, if you want to know anything about post-operative nursing care of a total knee replacement, let me know! Thats my forte.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: