Wall Mount Toilet Trickling Sound-Pressure Assisted

Old 10-26-07, 09:14 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wall Mount Toilet Trickling Sound-Pressure Assisted

Have a wall mounted "pressure-assisted" toilet and only sometimes I hear a 'trickling' sound: the two times I hear the trickling sound:
1) after a flush the trickling sound goes on for a minute or so

2) randomly when someone sits on the toilet with'out' flushing we hear the same trickling sound but only for 20 seconds or so

I am pretty sure that that sound is NOT coming from the tank, but sound like it is coming from the drain. Also I am almost positive we don't have leak because there has never been any water on the floor near the wall ever and we went under the crawl space and the dirt under the toilet is dry and the floor boards under the toilet don't indicate a leak.

We have had this toilet for 4 years, the first three years fine, then 8 months ago we had our bathroom remodeled and the toilet removed and re-mounted with a new gasket of course and that's when we started to notice the noise. ALSO, another clue, is that twice in the 8 months, we have noticed the 4 bolts get a little loose so we tighten them, however this does nothing to help the trickling sound.

What could it be?

Old 10-27-07, 08:55 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any Advice would be appreciated

Checking back for advice, any would be appreciated, could it possibly be that the contractor did not mount it correctly to the wall?

Old 10-27-07, 01:25 PM
C
Received 138 Votes on 111 Posts
I just replaced an American Standard Cadet pressure assist toilet. I finally got tired of the trickling sound. Next time it's making the sound try removing the tank cover and listening inside the tank. Mine was making noise because the tank flush actuator would not stay adjusted.

I think it was because the tank was slowly losing pressure. I noticed that the flush just wasn't as strong as when I first bought the toilet.

Flush technology has come a long way from the 1st 1.6 GPF toilets. I think PA toilets are an idea that has come and gone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: