Dishwasher waste line too short

Old 10-28-07, 02:31 PM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher waste line too short

I need an extra few feet for my waste line on the dishwasher. We had to use the factory hose which is ribbed plastic and cut it to add in a rubber line. The ribbed hose where it is clamped leaks. Is there a recommended way to extend the factory hose or does anyone know if they make factory hoses that are longer?

Old 10-28-07, 04:00 PM
J
Replacements in several lengths are available at home/hardware stores. But the existing one may have areas that are not corrugated, cut it back to that area and reclamp with a piece of pipe that fits inside the hose.

Old 10-30-07, 12:53 AM
U
It is ribbed throughout and is needed because of the fittings on each end. I'm going to try to teflon tape both ends of a 1/2 copper pipe and use an extra clamp and see what happens.

Old 10-30-07, 04:04 AM
J
I would almost bet that that won't work, it will leak. Go and get a new hose.

Old 10-30-07, 04:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I agree. The more joints, the more leak possibilities. You can replace the entire length cheaper than you can repair the one you have and ensure no leaks. You will never get the corrugations to become waterproof.

Old 10-30-07, 11:57 AM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I've needed an extra long dishwasher drain line and have used automotive heater hose. You can go to the parts store and buy it off the roll cut to length and in the ID size needed. It's reinforced and good for the temps under the hood of the car, so I figure it will just about last forever.

Old 10-31-07, 04:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Formula has a great idea, and should last a lifetime. Just make sure you loop it above the washer, and, if needed due to code restrictions, add an air gap.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: