how to repair dripping shower faucet...DELTA ONE HANDLE

Old 10-29-07, 05:09 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how to repair dripping shower faucet...DELTA ONE HANDLE

Trying to help inlaws.Delta tub/shower faucet (one handle)won't shut off completely. (slow drip ) no plumbing experence..is this something i can fix?? Big Jim

Old 10-30-07, 04:17 AM
J
Shut off the water. Remove the handle, either a screw behind a button or a set screw in the side of the handle. Older deltas have a cap that unscrews. Under that is a ball, check it for dings or scratches. Under the ball are the washers, two cones set into holes in the casting with springs that hold them tightly against the ball. That is the likely culprit, they wear out. Match them at a local hardware store. There are 2-3 types. Reverse the procedure. I like to use a dab of plumbers grease on all the moving parts, including screw threads.

Old 10-30-07, 05:23 PM
B
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
Shut off the water. Remove the handle, either a screw behind a button or a set screw in the side of the handle. Older deltas have a cap that unscrews. Under that is a ball, check it for dings or scratches. Under the ball are the washers, two cones set into holes in the casting with springs that hold them tightly against the ball. That is the likely culprit, they wear out. Match them at a local hardware store. There are 2-3 types. Reverse the procedure. I like to use a dab of plumbers grease on all the moving parts, including screw threads.

Thanks Bill, I'll Give it a try ....Big Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: