Where can I buy a bathtub liner to DIY

Old 10-29-07, 06:05 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy a bathtub liner to DIY

I have gotten prices from the big guys who do bath fitting. I would rather DIY. I've googled without success. Anybody know where I can buy the liners for bathtubs?

Bruce

Old 10-30-07, 04:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Bruce: welcome to the forums! Tub relining or refinishing is really out of the realm of diy for the most part, since specialized equipment is needed. In addition, since there are so many brands and shapes of tubs, one miscalculation on a liner could cost you the job. Have you had an estimate on reglazing the tub professionally?

Old 10-31-07, 06:36 PM
B
Yes, I have checked reglazing.

I built the house I'm living in (including the bathrooms). I have the information on how to install a liner. I can take the 17 measurements just as well as the saleslady that came to give me a price ($2400). I just can't find someone to sell me the liner without 'buying a franchise'.

Old 10-31-07, 07:08 PM
T
Because the bath tub liners are custom fit and a specialty industry. You will likely find that manufacturers of liners sell only to licensed franchisers with trained employees.

You can DIY a new tub. American Standard's standard tub can be purchased for $500 or less.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: