Installing a faucet for a laundry tub

Old 11-03-07, 03:31 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing a faucet for a laundry tub

I am in the process of finishing my basement and I plan on installing a laundry tub. I am looking at this one:

http://www.aquaticwhirlpools.com/delicair.shtml

It seems that there is no hole (or holes) pre-cut for the faucet. Do these sinks generally come without the holes? Does that mean I have to cut the holes myself?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-04-07, 03:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
I our artsy-fartsy society, we have too many designs to choose from, so do you want a single faucet stem, 8" spread unit, 4" spread unit, separate spout with spread out handles???? They are manufacturing a product that everyone can use, without having to make 5 sub models, and have to stock them. They are fairly easy to drill out since they are acrylic. But from what I am reading from the site, this is an air sink. Is there a pump associated with it? Are you looking for something this elaborate, or just a sink?

Old 11-07-07, 08:00 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
But from what I am reading from the site, this is an air sink. Is there a pump associated with it? Are you looking for something this elaborate, or just a sink?
I was actually looking at the drop-in model without the jets. I just wanted something that could sit in a cabinet, as opposted to the type with plastic legs.

Old 11-07-07, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
You can drill out your own holes, depending on which type faucet you want to install, either single for a single faucet without using an occlusion plate to cover the normally existing other holes. Or you could drill all three and have a conventional 8" spread faucet. Consider, also a commercial type sprayer, like the ones in commercial kitchens. It hooks back to act just like a regular faucet, but unhooks and you can use it to wash a dog, or rinse odd shaped objects. Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: