What's a good brand of stem?

Old 11-03-07, 10:32 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What's a good brand of stem?

Stems don't seem to come with instructions and it's always trial and error when I install one. I guess I made it too tight this time and it broke, but it seems to be poorly made. What's a good brand for a stem?

Say no to Danco.

Old 11-04-07, 12:05 AM
B
I managed to get the old, unbroken piece onto the new stem (loosely), but it looks like the new washer was glued on. The old one had a groove that the metal piece fit in. What a piece of junk.

Old 11-04-07, 03:14 AM
S
Obviously the best "brand" of stem is original manufacturer if possible.Generally this is best located through a plumbing specific retailer/supply house that sells to the public or a retail business with a large plumbing department.

This does not include any big box retailer and you should expect low quality parts from them whether by Danco or not.They operate on a basis of a low price point being the number one priority there.

Unfortunately Danco seems to have cornered the market as a central source for replacement parts for the wide variety of plumbing brands etc that exist.It is unrealistic for any home improvement business to reach out to all the various companies etc to pull together a parts selection especially when many of these items are no longer manufactured by the original company.You will find that many "store brand" plumbing parts are actually made by Danco.

As a part of a home improvement retail company,I have found Danco and Danco made items under other branding to be a mixed bag quality wise.Sometimes there is no alternative and often an item failure will be followed with an item success when replaced.

Suggest in your case you try to locate a public selling plumbing supply and if this is not possible that you avoid big box retail for your parts etc as even if they sell the exact same item,a real hardware store will give you far better service.

Old 11-04-07, 03:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Ahhh, I see the problem. Note the lower left picture. As long as we outsource our lives, we get back trash.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: