Suddenly, the shower has no pressure -

Old 11-04-07, 07:28 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Suddenly, the shower has no pressure -

A few weeks ago, the water pressure in our shower just became nonexistent. One day, I had to wash some stuff in the tub, and when we turned the dial back to shower mode, the pressure was gone!

We live in an old apartment building (1940s-ish) with our own water heater unit inside the apartment. I have no idea if/when that has been replaced. The pressure from our other faucets is just fine, though.

Today I took off the shower head to check for clogs, soaked it in vinegar for the whole afternoon, and very thoroughly cleaned the head itself and the pipe coming out of the wall. No change! I tried to check and see how the pressure was without the shower head on, but it was hard to tell because it just spouts out in a steady stream. It seemed fine, but I don't know what it would feel like under normal circumstances.

What should I do next? (The obvious answer is to call the landlord/manager. Unfortunately, they are terrible and also feuding with each other - the landlady is about 95 and the management company won't return my calls. Great.) I thought of calling the water provider or a plumber, but I don't know whose jurisdiction this would be.

Any ideas would be sooo appreciated! I've been dreading my showers, hence putting them off for a couple days, hence... you get the idea.

Old 11-05-07, 04:08 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
From your description, it sounds like you have a 3 handle shower faucet??? 1 hot/cold and the diverter handle in the center?? If yes, my first guess is that the washer in the diverter has disintegrated and needs to be repaired.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: