Shower basin ?

Old 11-05-07, 09:58 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower basin ?

I'm installing a show basin on top of a slate floor. The instructions state that it should rest flat and level. Since this is a slate floor it's not entirely flat and level. any suggestions on how to make the basin rest flat and level ?

Old 11-05-07, 12:57 PM
Question Show Basin

I don't have a clue what you mean when you say a show basin!

Old 11-05-07, 07:00 PM
M
It's a shower kit from Home depot, they type with walls, door, etc. In the instructions, the bottom, the floor pan, the unit with the drain hole that you stand on, is called the basin ( according to the instructions ). When I place it on the floor over the drain hole/line, the unit is does not rest entirly flat and I get a bit of a wobble.

Old 11-06-07, 10:25 AM
S
And you get a bit of a wobble because of your slate tile floor. I recently added a bathroom and I have stone floors. My toilet rocked considerably. To correct, I laid it upside down then affixed a strip of self adhesive weather stripping to the perimeter of the base. This worked well for my toilet, it might work for your basin.

Old 11-06-07, 11:02 AM
Shower Basin

Originally Posted by MikeRR View Post
It's a shower kit from Home depot, they type with walls, door, etc. In the instructions, the bottom, the floor pan, the unit with the drain hole that you stand on, is called the basin ( according to the instructions ). When I place it on the floor over the drain hole/line, the unit is does not rest entirly flat and I get a bit of a wobble.
I understand now what you were talking about is a SHOWER BASIN, you level them by putting mortar under them, make sure that everything is level and leave it alone until it sets up..

I would not use weather stripping because when it compresses you are back where you started, luck

Old 11-07-07, 06:02 AM
M
Thanks Shacko and all. I never noticed my typo, sorry for the confusion.

I was also wondering about using some construction adhesive, think this would work instead of mortor ?

Old 11-07-07, 10:05 AM
Thumbs down Shower basin

Originally Posted by MikeRR View Post
Thanks Shacko and all. I never noticed my typo, sorry for the confusion.

I was also wondering about using some construction adhesive, think this would work instead of mortor ?
This is a bad idea, what you will be doing is to glue a basin down to a floor that is out of level, your original post said;

"The instructions state that it should rest flat and level."

Bottom line, it's your call, have a good one.

"If you don't have the time to do it right, where will you have the time to do it over"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: