What's missing from the tub drain plug assembly?

Old 11-10-07, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What's missing from the tub drain plug assembly?

I'm trying to fix a tub stopper. It looks like the one on this page:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...RepTubDrn.html
under pop-up drains, second diagram from the bottom. It has a coil spring on the end but it doesn't have a lever like the diagram, but a "dial". What is between the coil spring and the arm attached to the plug? I can't find a parts diagram showing it.

I'm not even sure something's missing, but it doesn't work.

Old 11-10-07, 10:14 PM
P
sounds like you're dealing with a kohler waste and overflow. if i understand you correctly, you're wondering what connects the spring to the mechanism that is part of the stopper? the answer is nothing. the end of the arm goes into the spring and as the spring moves up and down, so does the stopper. i hate this design, they are always problematic. not to mention how much hair the spring collects.

paul

Old 11-11-07, 08:42 AM
Paul:

Thanks for the reply. I took it to a plumbing supply, but the guy couldn't ID it. Kohler is a pretty good probability. A lot of the stuff in the house is Kohler.

I was messing with it and realized that it looked like it was missing one "link". There were 2, but the end looked like it should have another piece. It had a little "tang" on the end of the arm, like the first piece. So I fabricated a piece out of copper strapping and messed with it. A little trimming and fitting and I got it to work. Sure enough, one piece was missing. Now off to find a proper replacement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: