New Delta Shower - Model # 134900

Old 11-14-07, 07:36 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Delta Shower - Model # 134900

Single Handle with Rotational Limit Stop...

My problem is with the Water Pressure.
Installed new shower head, faucet, controls. The water pressure was fine with old faucet but once the new Delta was installed, the water pressure for the Hot and Cold is alot less from tub faucet and shower head. Any idea why? Perhaps something that was not installed correctly? Shut-Off Valves are turned all the way back on.

1.) Is "Pressure Testing and Flusing the Installation" a needed step before completed install?

2.) Is the Rotational Limit causing the problem? Should handle go further around?

3.) What does the tiny black plastic Filter Screen control? Could not tell if this needed to be installed. I installed it. This is placed in the third (top) opening in the Rough -In Body.

Any help on what may be causing the problem and what can be done to correct it would be appreciated. There was no issue with shower pressure before and from what I can tell, all parts have been installed correctly.

Thanks,

Majik07

Old 11-15-07, 06:57 AM
P
Hi:
Is your old tab-faucet unit before 'water-saver?'

In my house, when we put a brand new shower head, water-pressure was REALLY low to the point where we were not able to enjoy taking a shower. For that, we took off a plastic-thing that is a device to save water. Afterwards, everything went back to the old-style which has been always plenty of water coming both hot and cold.

However, I never done a whole faucet unit, then this is my suggestion as suspecting 'water-saver' trick/device might be a culpit. With a water-saver Society, one of big incovenience is a new and modern toilets are all fancy, but once water-pressure, they are a way low and need to flush all of human waste by at least twice or three times flushes.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 11-15-07 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed
Old 11-15-07, 07:31 AM
P
For precaution's purpose, .... however,

You may go to the store where you purchased the Bath-Tub Faucet Unit and ask whether water-pressure issue is because of device(I suspect, ... but not sure to say the least) or not?

Playing around to try finding out a culpit is not easy if you're not familiar with plumbing-thing, particularly a brand new faucet.

Last edited by Poplin67; 11-15-07 at 07:33 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 11-15-07, 09:52 AM
Unhappy Pressure Prob.

....1.) Is "Pressure Testing and Flusing the Installation" a needed step before completed install?....

Bet your azz, anytime you are working on the plumbing you must flush out the lines before putting it back in operation.

Most of the time a rotational limit screw pertains to the temperature.

I think you have dirt in your faucet, it wouldn't take much!

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 11-17-07, 05:22 AM
M
Thanks for the responses. Took out the black plastic filter and there was some dirt and stuff in there. removed that and pressure went up a tiny bit. still low. Going to try flushing it out again and hope that works.

havent found out if the model is known for low pressure... i will look into that afterwards if needed.

thanks again -

-majik07

Old 11-17-07, 06:57 AM
P
Hi:
If possible, you could call the Delta Co./manufacturer or here, in the Internet to find out whether this Model is more for 'water-saver.' Or, ask the plumbing-supply stores nearby your residence about 'water-pressure.'

Before purchasing, you needed to research about water-pressure, because in recent years, a regulation of water-saver set by authority is getting more and more.

If this doesn't work even after many efforts, then you may better to buy another brand by asking local plumbing supply store that offers an honest opinion.

This is my suggestion, assuming that you and your family loves a good water-pressure on Showers and Bath-filling.

BTW, my bath-faucet is American Standard and we, the family enjoys a lot of water-pressure after taking off the device/plastic from shower-head.

Old 01-24-09, 02:17 PM
R
Tiny Black Plastic Filter

The tiny black plastic filter is supposed to be for installation purposes only and then removed right before cartridge installation. This unit is limited to 2.5 gallons per minute on the shower side. The tub side is not regulated. I haven't installed my valve yet and I'm thinking about drilling out the port for the shower to let more water through.

The black plastic filter is to catch any debris during installation and flushing and then removed before the cartridge is inserted.

I am running 70 psi on my pressure regulator outside. you might want to check what your psi is. Low psi could be your problem although I think you said you had good pressure before the new valve install. It could just be the new regulations. I also had to drill out my shower head port and remove the pressure reducer to get the shower massage to work. Before this it did not have enough pressure to spin the massage disk. Hope this info helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: