rough in problem

Old 11-16-07, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
rough in problem

I'm trying to install a toliet where no toliet has ever been before. Upstairs in a very old story and a half house.,,,,Can I rough this thing out at 15 inches? Will being 3 inches from the wall look that bad?The drywall is installed and there is a joist right at 12". I'm thinking about using a one piece toliet so it is more solid.

Old 11-18-07, 03:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
I'd rather see it a few inches from the wall than to see you cut the joist below it. It may look odd, but you don't spend alot of time in that room, anyway, so it isn't a focal point. (hopefully)

Old 11-18-07, 06:06 AM
C
Received 139 Votes on 112 Posts
another option that's not too difficult is to frame in the toilet drain by cutting and headering the joist. That's probably what I would do if the floor was accessible without doing a lot of demo. If not I might look into an offset flange, although I've never used one, I think they can give you an inch or two offset. Option 3 is to install the toilet at a 15" rough in.

If you haven't bought the toilet yet, surf around the net for a toilet with a larger offset.

Old 11-18-07, 04:42 PM
C
Received 139 Votes on 112 Posts
Rebel - I was at a big box today and remembered your post. I looked at an offset flange. It looks like it would make up for a couple of inches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: