I need to clean out the toilet - help

Old 11-18-07, 06:38 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I need to clean out the toilet - help

What happens to all the water? Is it going to go all over my floor?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-07, 06:47 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need to be more specific in the description of your problem. Under normal circumstances, when one flushes the toilet, the water goes down the drain an not on the floor. If you have water on the floor, then the wax seal could be broken if water is escaping onto floor. If toilet is overflowing over top of toilet bowl, then it is likely you have a clogged drain.

Many of us rural folks never encountered flush toilets until the 50s or 60s or later. Most had septic systems and those who lived closer to city/county water/sewer were lucky enough to get hooked up to city water/sewer. With a septic system, the water and debris go to a septic tank where overflow goes into a leach field. Solids get broken down by bacteria in the septic tank. Depending on amount of usuage and maintenance of septic tank, it has to be periodically cleaned out. If hooked up to city/county sewer system, the liquids and solids go to a sewage reclycing station.

With more details of your problem and type of sewer you have, then others can chime in with more helpful info.