Toilet is not level

Old 11-19-07, 07:44 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet is not level

I am installing a toilet in my basement bathroom. When the builder installed the drain pipe, the concrete floor was not leveled out around the pipe. There is a small slope from the floor upto the drain pipe. When I installed the toilet, since the floor is not level, the toilet does not sit flush on the floor and wobbles. Is there something I can place under the toilet for this purpose to make it level?

Old 11-19-07, 12:21 PM
C
Received 138 Votes on 111 Posts
You can shim around the low side to level the toilet. You can buy ready made shims at a big box or make your own. Plastic is a good material choice. No wood or ferrous metal.

I usually slide a sheet of thick plastic under the low side and mark the outline of the toilet. Then cut the shim and slide it under so it doesn't show.

Old 11-19-07, 02:05 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Template for uneven floor

I had a similar problem, but with a wood floor that had rotted away in spots where support was needed. Lowe's had just the fix. A flat, stainless steel two-piece(identical pieces) surround that encirles the closet flange. You would level this two-piece HEAVY DUTY surround that has several adjustment slots for bolts/screws, then secure the closet flange to the now one piece surround(one piece on each side of the closet flange.
This would also make the closet flange that secures the toilet base level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: