No shower pressure!

Old 11-19-07, 09:33 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No shower pressure!

Hello

I have a 3 stem shower/tub. My diverter tip was worn down so the handle was not getting a good grip so it wouldn't actually turn the shower head on because it kept turning. So i wen tout and bought a repair kit with a new stem. Well, i installed the stem just fine but now when i turn the handle, no water pressure. I went ahead an loosened the stem a bit and i had very weak pressure. What is going on, what should i check? I spent all day yesterday trying to get it to work and it's usually a quick fix!!!
Thanks
JIM

Old 11-21-07, 04:30 AM
Z
Ok, ANY ideas on hoe to get more water pressure? I have tons of pressure coming out the bottom spout, just not the shower head. And the shower head is not clogged! Please,i need help!

Old 11-21-07, 08:44 AM
P
Hi:
Sounds like 'water-saver' device of Shower head got a problem for not enough water-pressure.

Look at shower-head closely whether any plastic cover or any other things that seem blocking water-flow. If that's a problem, take it off to see you can get enough water-pressure.

Some of devices, you may take off, but seems not all of water-saver devices. If it's caused by a design, then you may need to live with it, ... or buy other brand by asking a good-knowledgeable plubming salesperson.

Old 11-21-07, 10:17 AM
Z
WOW! To my amazement it ended up being the shower head it self! Apparently when i took the old diverter out and put the new one in a little pebble got stuck in my shower head. I took the shower head off and then ran the water and i had a ton of pressure coming out. I shook the head and her something rattle, took it apart and found a pebble and i also cleaned the shower head. Put it back on and i HAVE PRESSURE! Wow who would have thought, it was only a ten minute fix and not a 3 day event lol!
Thanks!!!
THEjim

Old 11-21-07, 10:34 PM
P
I am SO glad you actually did fix.

It's amazing to know that you spent so many hours working on the Water-Pressure and Shower-Head. Maybe, most of folks just giving up to cal the professional.

Sounds to me like your perseverance and hard-work paid off.

BTW, I read your first thread before, ... but I couldn't figure out what a problem you were having. Then, I dismissed, but on your second one, I could understand clearly the problem you' were dealing.

In the past, I, too had an exact issue as yours, but mine was simple plastic device, not a pebble. How did you get one? You live close to beach or some pebblish montain-side?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-07, 11:34 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Poplin67 View Post
In the past, I, too had an exact issue as yours, but mine was simple plastic device, not a pebble.
If you ever have repeat episodes of mystery plastic winding up in aerators and shower head water restirctor holes, you can bet your hot water heater's plastic dip tube is falling apart. (I had ordered one and have to put one in this rental coming up where it is cloging up everything and I have to keep going there and cleaning all these things out.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: