Moen-temp adj self centers

Old 12-08-07, 03:02 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Moen-temp adj self centers

I replaced the leaking cartridge on our Moen single handle shower valve a couple of years ago. Since then, the weight of the handle causes the temperature adjustment to go to the bottom center all by itself. I called Moen and they said it was overlubricated. I did not add any lubricant when I replaced the cartridge. I thought that with use this might take care of itself. I have never messed with it again because we seldom use that shower but now with Christmas company coming my wife is threatening to call a plumber if I don't fix it. Did I do something wrong or is this a simple matter of taking it apart again and wiping excess lubricant off the cartridge?

Old 12-10-07, 04:07 PM
J
I question their diagnosis. Far too often I get someone in India named Ralph that really has no idea. I suspect something is not properly set in place or not properly tightened. Take it apart and recheck.

Old 12-12-07, 02:19 PM
D
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
I question their diagnosis. Far too often I get someone in India named Ralph that really has no idea. I suspect something is not properly set in place or not properly tightened. Take it apart and recheck.
Thanks for the reply JB. I guess I will be taking it back apart.

Old 12-12-07, 03:58 PM
J
Those adjustments do not usually have loose tolerances that will allow the problem you describe. If it does move by itself, I would suspect a missing or damaged part.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: