lack of hot water in shower

Old 12-11-07, 04:04 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lack of hot water in shower

I have a lack of hot water in my shower...we have a single handle valve. It does't pull out it swings counterclockwise from cold to hot, so I'm not sure if this is a cartridge type or not. You can shower with it all the way on hot and still only get a warm shower. the hot water in a sink a few feet away is extremely hot. Any advice will be appreciated.

Old 12-11-07, 03:45 PM
J
It sounds like the temp adjustment has come loose and/or changed. Remove the handle, there should be some gear type things behind it. That is what sets the high temp. if that has slipped or is broken, that is likely the problem. If not, time to pull the cartridge and check for a partial blockage.

Old 12-12-07, 08:06 AM
E
I opened up the valve and i have a disc type valve. I tried flushing water through it with the cartridge removed to try and remove any sediment. I can't find a brand name on it anywhere. I don't think there is a temp. limiter on it other than an external set screw. I am getting 130F water at the sink 6 feet away from the shower and 110F from the shower head; there is no tub. Any other ideas wil be welcomed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: