Kitchen Disposal Plumbing Question

Old 12-21-07, 12:53 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen Disposal Plumbing Question

My son recently bought a resale home which has kind of an odd plumbing arrangement under the kitchen sink. He has a double sink with a disposal under one of the bowls. Each sink drain is plumbed separately through its own trap which both connect to waste line under the sink. I have never seen such an arrangement, I have only seen a disposal connected to the adjacent sink using what I will call a "straight crossover" pipe. Not sure of the correct terminology but I think that describes the arrangement I am familiar with.

My question is this. Is there any harm in leaving the disposal plumbed the way it is through its own trap?

Old 12-22-07, 02:51 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Perfectly normal, and good, actually. I just got back a bit ago from working on plumbing (drain/major) at a condo that has this. The individual traps then go into a Wye pipe that has a cleanout(plug) in the middle so someone can run a snake in there or hosewater blaster tool.

Old 12-23-07, 08:30 AM
N
Thanks ecman51 ... I thought that might be the case but wanted some validation from someone in the know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: