Basement Bathroom pluming

Old 12-22-07, 08:23 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement Bathroom pluming

Hello all....

i have a question on my basement bathroom pluming. see the attached picture of my set up. i labeled what i think is the right pipes. the question is it appears that i have no sink drain pipe roughed in by the builder and can i just run the drain into the main stack and vent shower, pooper, and sink as shown?, or anyother suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-07, 02:55 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes. And you do not even need that sink vent as you are within 6 feet of the stack. (Based on an assumption the stack on the left goes out the roof. Make sure of that. Otherwise you WILL have to vent to the right as drawn.)

Make sure you do not use straight tee into stacks or vents and at least a sanitary tee. (You probably knew that tho')

Also, technically you may not need, afterall, a seperate sink vent, even if stack on left is not vented straight up, and let's say it was tied in under the slab to the vent pipe you drew on the right, as that too would all be within 6 feet.

Old 12-26-07, 11:02 AM
T
Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks to me like you don't have a shower drain. ItT look more to me like what you are calling the shower vent was actually intended to be the sink drain and it was only supposedto be a half bath.

Is that gray spot you are pointing to an actual drain in the concrete? If so, then forget what I said .

Do you have any floor plans of how the builder would have finished that bathroom? It took me a while to figure out why in the world the rough-ins were where they are until I got ahold of the builder's floor plan.

Good luck,
Tom