Roman Tub Faucet Adapter

Old 12-26-07, 05:34 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Roman Tub Faucet Adapter

I have a Roman Tub type faucet on a whirlpool tub and I need a 3/4" garden hose adapter for it. I can readily buy standard faucet 15/16" adapters but cannot locate one that will fit this faucet. It appears to be about 1 1/16", but cannot tell for sure. I assume it is a standard size for tub faucets, but cannot even locate an aerator for one of these. The clamp type adapter won't work. Does anybody make these or am I out of luck?

Old 12-26-07, 02:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You may be SOL, but one question, what do you need this for? Is the faucet threaded? Surely you aren't going to wash your poodles in the garden tub. With the purpose in mind, we may come up with an answer.

Old 12-26-07, 02:43 PM
M
I have a portable Reverse Osmosis filter for my fish tank. I need to use it to make about 10 gallons of water a week. The whirlpool is close to the tank. Just put my 20 gallon or so container into the tub and pump it out from there. Using one of the sinks would be in the way. We don't use the whirlpool often and the water can filter for however long it takes. I then can just pump it out of the container into the fish tank without hauling buckets. I searched and searched today but I cannot even find the dimensions of this thread. I can attach to the sink fine and I know they are 15/16", but this is bigger and I can't find any reference to a size other than 15/16 or 55/64. I thought if someone knew the size, I might be able to come up with something. And yes, the faucet is threaded. I can unscrew the aerator. It looks just like the ones on the sink, just bigger.

Old 12-26-07, 05:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Why not take the aerator to a plumbing supply house and tell them to "build" you one of what you need. It may take a few parts, but anything is possible.

Old 12-26-07, 06:16 PM
M
That's kind of what I had in mind. I thought I could find the parts myself, but can't seem to. At least online. I'll start calling around and see if anybody can do it.

Old 12-27-07, 09:28 AM
M
I stopped by a plumbing supply house this morning and they couldn't help. Like you, they never heard of anyone wanting to put a hose in a whirlpool. Since this is a Delta faucet, I went online to see if they still made it. I found one that looks like it and sent Delta an e-mail asking for either an adapter or the size. They make no adapter, but the size of the thread is metric. M28x1 A search of the web finds that a company called Neoperl makes an adapter, but I cannot locate a distributer. They are out of Germany with a big plant here in the US. Will keep searching.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: