Installing flange into concrete

Old 01-03-08, 08:13 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing flange into concrete

I have my bathroom all ripped up and am installing new flooring. I have the new toilet, gasket. New flange old one was a mess and not secured to the floor which i am pretty sure it needs to be.

I was wondering what type of screws i would need to go into the concrete and how to go about making the holes for them.

I am usually pretty handy but i have never had to deal with the concrete aspect before.

Thanks for any help

Old 01-04-08, 04:08 AM
J
Iron or PVC/ABS??? Iron is not usually secured, rigid enough by itself, plastic often is, but not necessarily. Important thing is the level. Should be flush to 1/4" above the finished floor level.

Old 01-04-08, 04:53 AM
D
Iron. and this may need to be secured to the concrete.

The old flange was pretty lose when i got toilet off. That in turn is the reason the bathroom had to be refinished. the slow water leak from it had ruined the the tile, walls near the flloor, trim and cabnit.

Old 01-05-08, 05:48 AM
T
Is the new flange already installed on the drain pipe? If not - you can measure the holes and drill them out, installing proper concrete anchors before putting the flange in place. If it is already in place, you will need to install screws designed to hold in concrete without an anchor such as Tapcons.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: