Need Help finding this shower stall drain part

Old 01-08-08, 01:18 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Help finding this shower stall drain part

I need to replace the drain fitting on a fiberglass bottom shower stall. It is a threaded fitting (with a paper and rubber gasket and a ss strainer plate) that threads to a female part which is solvent welded to the drain pipe under the shower floor. My problem is that I have taken this peice to numerous stores (Home Depot, Lowes, and other plumbing supply stores) and have not been able to find an exact replacement.

The only info on the strainer plate is UPC and CRN 17171. I do not know makes this type of drain or where else to look for it. The threads are rather course as compared to fittings that I saw in various stores.

Several years ago (2-3 years) a plumber installed this drain and I thought these are standard fittings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

AB

Old 01-09-08, 10:37 AM
C
Received 139 Votes on 112 Posts
Can you post a picture? Another option is to take the part to a plumbing supply house instead of a home center.

Old 01-09-08, 12:00 PM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Another option is to replace the drain with a current part and install/solvent weld the appropriate drain pieces to connect to it.

Old 01-12-08, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cwbuff View Post
Can you post a picture? Another option is to take the part to a plumbing supply house instead of a home center.
A picture would be helpful. You may be able to contact someone at http://www.cornerhardware.com/ and see if they can find something by those part numbers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: