Toilet overflow problems

Old 01-10-08, 03:02 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet overflow problems

I'm having a problem with my toilet not flushing very well and waste coming up into my bathtub.....I remodeled my bathroom about 5 years ago and installed all new plumbing fixtures.....could this be a problem with the toilet or with a clog somewhere in the drain line?...i really need to solve this problem ...any help would be appreciated...
thanks

Old 01-10-08, 04:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I would check for an occluded vent line. This will entail a road trip to the roof, so be careful. You can chug the vent pipe with a garden hose (water off) until the clog goes on down.

Old 01-10-08, 04:58 PM
C
Received 138 Votes on 111 Posts
If this toilet is the only fixture you are having problems with the most likely cause is a blocked trap. Have you tried using a closet auger to clear the trap? Is the waste coming up in hte bowl the same waste that you are trying to flush or is it waste from another source/fixture?

I think a blocked vent is less likely, especially if there are other fixtures in the bathroom where the toilet could get vent air.

Old 01-14-08, 06:15 AM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Last month I noticed our water bill was triple what it was in our last house built in 2002 - the water company suggested it might be the toilets. Is there any way to reduce the amount of water the toilets use to flush without replacing them? I have the same problem with some rental toilets and I really need your help. Thanks.

Old 01-14-08, 11:26 AM
C
Received 138 Votes on 111 Posts
You are irritatingly persistant.

Old 01-14-08, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by great View Post
Last month I noticed our water bill was triple what it was in our last house built in 2002 - the water company suggested it might be the toilets. Is there any way to reduce the amount of water the toilets use to flush without replacing them? I have the same problem with some rental toilets and I really need your help. Thanks.
adjust the float so it shuts off sooner. adjust to suit refuse!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: