Toilet flush issues-new house..

Old 01-13-08, 05:23 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet flush issues-new house..

Wife and I moved into a new home 12.1.07.2.5 bathrooms.There is no problem with 2 of 3 toilets. The 1 has changed flushing about 1 week ago. The water spinning action in bowl which happens when flushed has diminished.After flushing, sometimes, water will rise in bowl but not drain or not drain fully. This is sporadic and happens whether I loaded it or not!I believe the tank level and flapper operation are correct. Tank appears full and to drain fully. Seems water in bowl lost it's action somehow.
Thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-08, 08:50 AM
C
Received 138 Votes on 111 Posts
You may have a partial blockage. Try snaking the bowl with a closet auger. You can get one at a big box store fairly cheap - IMO every home should have one. Don't use a regular snake it will mar the bowl and probably not clear any stoppage.

Old 01-14-08, 04:32 PM
K
Is it a standard flushing toilet or does it have a power assist or something? If its standard I would say that there is something stuck in the trap way somewhere and is slowing the flushing action. One of my friends had the same problem and there was a toy jammed up in the trap way where a snake kept missing it

Old 01-14-08, 07:57 PM
do you have any children? they really like to throw things in there and watch them go round and round!!! sounds like a blockage. if you can't snake it out as suggested, you can take the toilet up and flip it over and look for blockage. more work, but effective.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: