Water coming from bathtub spout while shower is on

Old 01-14-08, 09:05 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Water coming from bathtub spout while shower is on

When I turn on my shower, I still have a pretty good amount of water coming out of the bathtub spout. To turn my shower on, I pull up on the knob that is actually on the spout. Does it sound like I just need to replace the spout on my bathtub? Plus, with both the shower and spout having water coming out, I run out of hot water very quickly!

Old 01-14-08, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beckyhomecky View Post
When I turn on my shower, I still have a pretty good amount of water coming out of the bathtub spout. To turn my shower on, I pull up on the knob that is actually on the spout. Does it sound like I just need to replace the spout on my bathtub? Plus, with both the shower and spout having water coming out, I run out of hot water very quickly!
that knob you pull up has a round plate attached to it(supposedly). when it is pulled up, it blocks the flow of water(which always takes the path of least resistance) and it travels to the shower head. probably need to take the tub spout off and repair/replace unless you can turn the knob and tighted the shaft in the plate(thus pulling it up further). the tub spout screws on to a 1/2 inch pipe. not always easy to remove. good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: