Bathroom In Basement

Old 01-14-08, 02:51 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom In Basement

Hello and thanks for adding me.

I'm want to put a bathroom in the basement. The sewer line is about 7' above the basement floor. I purchased the Star Upflow System for the commode. I would like to know your feelings about these types of pumpups. My concern is the shower. How much room do I need under the shower base to run the pipe, and how can I divert the pvc to a lower level and into the pumpup system? Will I need a raised showing base? Thanks again.

Old 01-15-08, 09:39 PM
Is that one of those above the ground systems?

Old 01-16-08, 11:38 AM
G
I believe you're talking about this. This is the quick jon. I have the one that looks like that and it's named 'Star' . Here's the link. thanks.

http://www.terrylove.com/sewage_ejector.htm

Old 01-16-08, 01:38 PM
I have never installed one of those...all I can say is the discharge line should be tied into the sewer line at the nearest point. Up in the ceiling , same as an ejector pump would be tied in. This link has a schematic. Substitute the ejector waste line for your specific thingamajigger. Good luck!

Old 01-16-08, 02:01 PM
G
Well, I didn't want the mess of breaking up the basement floor. This should handle the sink, commode and shower if I can figure out how to run the shower drain pipe. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: