Lengthing diswasher drain hose?

Old 01-15-08, 12:40 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lengthing diswasher drain hose?

The nitwits who are doing our kitchen remodel installed the dishwasher incorrectly. Their "high loop" only extends a few inches above where the hose connects to the disposal instead of at least 12 or so.

I'll obviously ask them to redo it, but if they won't (these guys have been pains in the butt), is there an easy way to extend the flexible plastic hose at the disposal end? I already tried to reform the high loop, but they cut the hose down to a length too short to do this.

It would be a pain to pull out the dishwasher and connect a longer hose. Is there a way to insert a foot or two of hose at the disposal end using some sort of "hose repair" equivalent like there is for garden hoses?

Larry

Old 01-15-08, 02:00 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Ideally, and your local code quite likely requires, the dishwasher drain should go first to a deck-mounted air gap assembly and then the discharge from the air gap goes to the disposal.

Old 02-14-08, 03:57 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If they have a high loop then your local code may not require a dishwasher airgap, just the high loop. The discharge hose should not have to be cut the excess can be placed back in the dishwasher compartment. The local hardware store does have dishwasher hose connectors. The plumb pack I have for sell does have one so you can see what they look like. The one with the four hose clamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-Kitchen...742.m153.l1262

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: