tub/shower faucet apart--how to reasemble?

Old 01-20-08, 08:21 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tub/shower faucet apart--how to reasemble?

My husband recently died, and 2 friends of my son were helping with bath remodeling, but had to quit before job was done. I didn't see them disasemble the tub faucet, and now, cannot get it back together.

There's no 'brand' marking on it anywhere--it's a single pull knob type, with a pull-stem diverter for the shower.

I attempted to put it together yesterday, and I don't even think all the parts are there! This is very frustrating--I'd like to use the tub!

Is there anywhere online I can see a diagram of how this is assembled?

Old 01-20-08, 11:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Lay it all out on a table (all the parts) and take a digital picture of it and the valve assembly and post them on a site such as photobucket.com and give us the urls or copy and paste the HTML code to your reply post. That way we can look at what you are seeing and can help better.

Old 01-20-08, 02:27 PM
Chandler's right about the picture. I don't know of any online resources. As far as books go, I'd recommend Better Homes and Gardens "Big book of home how-To" and Home depot "Home Improvement 1-2-3" which are available at my library. Both have diagrams and pictures. According to the home depot book, for example, it sounds like you have a single-handle cartridge faucet. If anything a picture or perhaps looking through of the books would help you explain better.

Old 01-21-08, 06:53 AM
G
Smile ...I finally did it!

Thanks, everyone, for answering my question.

There is no ~BRAND~ anywhere on the parts, and nothing I could find online looked like it did. I've been snowbound for a while now--not able to get to a library, so I'm glad I managed to get this fixed.

Had to apply alot more pressure than what I'd been giving them, to get them to snap into place, and then needed to find similar screws for those that went missing.

Old 01-21-08, 12:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Missing??! I always have parts left over. Glad you got it fixed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: