from washer to toilet

Old 02-04-08, 12:51 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
from washer to toilet

we just moved our washroom downstairs and I'm wondering just how hard it would be to turn the old washroom upstairs into a small bathroom, just a toilet and sink. Anyone know? thanks.

Old 02-04-08, 06:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
You say "washroom". Do you mean laundry room, or is it an existing bath? Is it plumbed and vented for a toilet, yet? Is thee a way to get venting to the fixtures? How accessible is the area below?

Old 02-05-08, 06:35 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
yes, I mean laundry room. And no it is not plumbed and vented for a toilet. I guess that's what I need to learn how to do. All I know is that there are a lot of pipes, hot water, cold water and a big drain pipe. The hot water heater is up there. Not sure I understand what you mean by venting, but as for the area below, it's the second floor, all of the other pipes came from under the house and were routed upstairs. The pipes were routed from the attic space very visibly and to the wall where the laundry room was. I can see the vent pipes for the downstairs bathroom, so wouldn't it be easy to just tie into it? Sorry if I sound like a dummy but there's a good reason for that, I AM. Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by chandler View Post
You say "washroom". Do you mean laundry room, or is it an existing bath? Is it plumbed and vented for a toilet, yet? Is thee a way to get venting to the fixtures? How accessible is the area below?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: